Facilitating neuro-muscular integration.
About Myotonic Facilitation Technique protocols…
We address the neurological, muscular and skeletal components of joint dysfunctions using Trauma-Free Treatment© protocols.
- The skeletal component is addressed by using slow, controlled distraction of locked joints.
- The muscular component is treated with specific muscle manipulations at the attachment points.
- The neurologic component is addressed by reprogramming memory engrams using kinesthetic stimulation.
The mission of Myotonic Facilitation Technique is to offer results-based protocols for the advancement of health care providers; to develop more effective procedures to facilitate neuro-muscular integration; and to offer advanced training and certification.
Our vision is to develop powerful health care providers around the world, that offer Intelligent and Compassionate care. Providers that are trained to objectively evaluate and document the patient’s status pre- and post- treatment and offer treatment approaches that produce amazing results using minimal force.
Key factors to neuro-muscular integration
Discover the muscle hypertonicity causing skeletal distortion
Identify the proprioceptors causing muscle hypertonicity
Stimulate the proprioceptors to induce muscle homeostasis
Confirm neuro-muscular integration progression
Positively stimulating the golgi tendon organs, using a tolerable force, dampens the autogenic inhibition reflex and reduces muscle tension, relieves joint stress and restores muscle power output toward normal.
1) Quickly distinguish neuromuscular dysfunction with accuracy
2) Restore mobility and muscle power output instantly
3) Unlock joints using minimal effort
4) Correct nerve dysfunction immediately and progressively
5) Objectively validate and document results
6) Create functional changes that amaze patients
Myotonic Facilitation Concepts
1) Healthy muscles are Strong-Flexible-Pain Free(SM)
2) Muscles control the movement and alignment of bones
3) Nerve prorpioceptors regulate the power output of muscles
4) Muscle adhesions need detangled to allow maximum fiber recruitment
5) Muscle spindles respond best to perpendicular corrective forces
6) Golgi Tendon Organ correction is into the origins
– Dynamic Motion Analysis
– Eccentric Break Muscle Testing
– Advanced Muscle Palpation
– Nerve Integration Techniques
[The ‘WOW’ factor]
– Rehabilitation Protocols
Happy Brain Concussion Care
– Review concussion red flags and dangers of manipulation.
– Explore diagnostic tests to evaluate concussion status.
– Demonstrate non-thrust treatment techniques.
– Discuss the role of Chiropractors and concussions.
– Introduce the half-somersault maneuver for vertigo relief.
Lumbar Disc Protocols
What are your procedures for managing disc injured patients? Since lumbar disc injuries are one of the most common causes of lower back pain, having a set of protocols to follow helps the doctor to be more efficient.
A disc herniation may occur suddenly in an event such as a fall or an accident. Often, a twisting or torsional movement is involved. Disc problems may also occur gradually with repetitive straining of the lumbar spine.
Participants will gain skills in leading others in a pre-activity therapeutic stretching routine.
Educational Objectives include:
– Identify joint and muscle restrictions using stretching evaluation tools.
– Improve patient outcomes with proprietary stretching protocols.
– Apply self release techniques to improve joint/muscle flexibility.
– Create new muscle memory patterns to correct chronic conditions.